Well I returned from Memphis about 5:00 Chattanooga time yesterday and will be leaving again within 48 hours of the return to head to Savannah! We are planning on leaving right after Eric gets off work at 4. We are super pumped and we hope we have good weather while we are there! Right now the forecast shows 40% scattered showers every day, so hopefully we will end up with some sunshine in between the scattered showers!
I actually really enjoyed my trip to Memphis. Over the past 2 years I haven't really looked forward to going to Memphis to visit, because, well, my mom is going through some mid-life crisis sort of thing and we don't really see eye to eye right now. But, needless to say (even though I had to go by myself without the future hubby) I really enjoyed myself. It probably helped that I was not at the apartment hardly at all but to sleep! Friday when I got into town I immediately went into work. It was busy, but not too bad. The new people this summer were great and I really enjoyed working there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Friday night after I got home I went home, talked to Eric, and crashed! Saturday morning I took my car through inspection then mom and I went out to eat at On the Border for my birthday lunch. I then went into work for the day. After work Shannon and I went and had some drinks with some of the people from work at Abuelos. I ended up running into Ben and Daniel (really good friends from college) and I hung out and talked to them for a good while. Since I hung out with them nearly every day my freshman and sophomore years, we always have funny stories to talk about. It was really good to catch up with them since I hadn't seen them in years! It is funny because Eric used to hang out with that fraternity a lot to back when I did so they were asking all about Eric too! Also, they recently lost a fraternity brother on my birthday (currently cause unknown-died in sleep while taking a nap) so I think they really enjoyed hanging out to get that off their mind. Sunday I worked all day and then went to my aunt and uncle's for a small family get together and we had a great time! I also asked my uncle to walk me down the aisle at the wedding which made him cry. I am so happy he will be the one giving me away at the wedding!
Today I am just doing laundry and then I will be packing up for both of us for the beach. I also made a run to Target to get a new bathing suit and new beach towels. I am going to start packing here in a little bit, even though I haven't unpacked from Memphis yet! I won't really have a whole lot of time tomorrow to pack because I meet with the wedding planner at 11:00 and then I will come home, eat, and pack the car. So it will be a busy few days for me!
Well I guess that is about it! I will post when we get back from Savannah and have some pictures as well! Pray for our safety, good weather, and the Sigma Nu brothers too! God Bless!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment