We got back from Savannah around 5:30 last night. We had a good trip overall. We got in late Wednesday night around 11:00 pm and we headed straight for bed. Thursday we went and ate lunch at a place called Islanders. It is sort of like a bar/restaurant sort of thing. It was pretty good. We then headed down to the back river to go play on the beach. We were there until about 6ish when we decided it was time to head back and get ready for dinner. For dinner we went to a place called AJ's Dockside which was a seafood place. It was very very good. I had a blackened shrimp po-boy, Eric had a crab hamburger, and Phillip got fish. It was so delicious! We then headed to a bar called Sandbar but only stayed for a short while until we decided we were all tired and we went home and went to bed!
Friday rolled around and it was pretty rainy. We went to Cousin Vinnie's for lunch which is where Phillip works. It is a pizza place and we got the "Gangsta Pie" pizza and it was REALLY good. We even played some trivia up at the bar to entertain us :) I was pretty bad at it! HAH! We headed to downtown Savannah since it was rainy and once we got downtown it was sunny so we decided to head back to Tybee Island and go to the beach. We played in the ocean and threw the football around for awhile. We went back to Phillip's and got ready and headed downtown for dinner. We went to Wild Wings which I loved since I have been craving wings for quite sometime now. After dinner we went to a bar/restaurant called jazz'd. They had a jazz.funk band playing which was pretty good. Eric and I aren't really into the whole let's-go-to-a-bar-and-hang-out-and-drink-all-night phase anymore so while the band was pretty good, we really just wanted to go home and relax. We are both much more of social drinkers. So we left after awhile and went back home, watched some TV, and headed to bed.
Saturday we went to a pool party at a 2.8 million dollar house with an infiniti pool on the water. It was a really nice house, but I have definitely learned that I NEVER want that much money..it was raining on and off while we were there but I did see some dolphins really close to the pool which was pretty cool. After hanging out for awhile Eric and I left because we wanted to explore Savannah some. We went back to Phillip's place and showered and got ready and we headed to downtown Savannah. We walked around downtown and found the Paula Deen store which was really neat. The store had all of her cookbooks there, each one personally signed by Paula Deen (original ink and all!). We bought a deluxe package of the first two cookbooks of the Lady and Sons restaurant which has 90% of the recipes used in the restaurant (each personally signed). They are really good cookbooks and we are excited to use some of the recipes! We then went and ate a place called Seasons of Japan. It was SOOOO good. It was more of an authentic Japanese restaurant (you could sit on the floor at tables and stuff) and it was so tasty. It was very decently priced for the amount of food you got too. We then headed down to River Street and walked the historic Riverfront of Savannah. It was so pretty and really neat to walk down the cobblestone street. Eric and I really had a good time. We then headed back to Phillip's place where we just hung out, watched TV, and packed everything up.
Sunday morning we headed out back to Chattanooga. We had a decent drive without too much rain. Now we are back and trying to get settled in again. I am doing laundry right now and I need to start unpacking everything else. I leave a week from today to head back to Jefferson City to start my last year of nursing school. Although I am REALLY sad to be leaving Eric after being with him for a month, I couldn't be more excited to be FINISHING nursing school this year. Oh, and we are officially in the 200's (299) days until the wedding! YAY!! :)
I will leave you with some pictures from our trip.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment