Monday, July 11, 2011

Vacation in Paradise

Well folks, we had one wonderful trip to Antigua to celebrate our anniversary! It all started by heading to Atlanta since that is where we were flying out from. We headed to Atlanta on a Friday. We had to sneak Bambi in the hotel for a few hours until Eric's parents could come pick her up. She really did not like that, but it worked and we didn't get caught! We snuck her in by putting her in my Vera Bradley duffle bag! Hah!

We headed to Tiffany's while she hidden in the hotel room. I got a nice little anniversary present...
I love this ring. It is simple and gorgeous! Eric also landed a new wedding band (long story about his...but basically his Tiffany's wedding band had cracked, been fixed by Tiffany's, then cracked again...all within a year....) I can't find his ring on the website though...I think it is a new ring and I guess it is not on the website quite yet. After Tiffany's we met Eric's parents back at the hotel and Bambi was off to Chattanooga for the week! We then headed to Cheesecake Factory for a delicious dinner. It was then time to go back to the hotel for bed because we had a 3am wake up call ahead of us...

Saturday morning we were off to the Atlanta airport! We left the hotel at 0430....check in and security went pretty smoothly. No complaints there. Once we got to the gate, I wanted to take a picture...my camera wouldn't turn on....oh camera, what is wrong with you...oh yes, your battery is charging in the wall back home in South Carolina...LOVELY! So off I went to the little Best Buy express vending machine and bought a new $250 camera...what a great start to the trip! I was upset at first, but there was nothing I could do about it at that point. 


At the Atlanta airport...with the new camera!

On the plane!!

So we had uneventful flights to Antigua. We had our layover in Miami and we were in Antigua by 3:30pm. the resort was just gorgeous. We spent most of our days hanging out by the pool, playing volleyball, walking on the beach, and relaxing. It was wonderful to say the least!




We did take a catamaran boat tour around the entire island. That was really neat. We snorkled and visited some of the beaches in some of the bays. It was gorgeous and a lot of fun. 





The food was DELICIOUS. We enjoyed everything we ate. From nachos, to fish and chips, to lobster, to japanese, to dessert...everything was great!




We also took advantage of the spa at the resort. We had a spa credit with the purchase of our package so we used that towards a couple's massage! It was my first time ever having a massage and it was heaven! We will definitely be doing more couple's massages!




We also got a free dinner on the beach included in our vacation package. It was nice to have dinner in the sand on the beach under the stars. We had a private butler serve the dinner with white glove service. We definitely felt fancy!


This was our first time going to an all-inclusive resort and it definitely won't be our last! It is a lot more relaxing and laid back than the cruises we have been on in the past. It is nice to not have to worry about drinks, food, room service or anything of the sorts while you are there. We will definitely do another all-inclusive vacation in the future (sooner rather than later). 




The week, luckily, went by rather slowly and we got to enjoy every minute of the vacation. I am already looking forward to another vacation whenever that may be! 


No comments:

Post a Comment