"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." ---Sir Winston Churchill
(warning...I am in a sentimental mood right now...)
This quote was in my senior yearbook and it has stuck with me through the years. This quote is especially true for everything that is to come in the next 6 months. Between my last semester of nursing school, graduation, getting married, moving with my *husband* to a brand new city and a brand new state away from family and friends, starting my career, and starting our life together, there is a lot we have to look forward too and while some of it is bittersweet, it all makes me happy inside (and outside) and it excites me beyond words. This next 6 months and all it entails is not the end. It is not the beginning of the end, but it is the end of the beginning. It is the end of this preface part of our book of our lives. We have a whole life to share together. We have so much to look forward to together. We have been blessed to be able to do all of this at this point in our lives. We are thankful and we will cherish these next 5 months as much as we can, because after that, we become one. We will miss our friends and families very much, but this is what we want to do and what we have always wanted to do and I am so thankful that we can. I cannot wait to start our lives as Mr. and Mrs. Marsh in South Carolina. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for us. It is a journey and an adventure we are looking forward to taking together, no matter the bumps, the roughage, the happiness, the joy it entails. Through God, we can make it through it all. This is the end to our beginning.
It is funny to me, how when we are growing up we start to imagine our lives and dreams. Looking back, my life right now is more, and better, than I ever imagined. Getting married is one of my all time dreams. I have grown up with a mother who has never been married and to be honest, I didn't want to grow up and be in the same boat. I always have dreamed of getting married, starting a family, buying a house, having a phenomenal career, taking family vacations, and growing old with my husband. Everything that I did not have as a child. I know you can not predict the future, but you can live through your dreams, and that is just what I am doing. I have set dreams and goals that I am willing to do everything I possibly can to achieve these dreams and goals. I am so thankful that I have found someone who sees my dreams eye-to-eye. Someone who believes in me. Someone who understands my past (and present). Someone who loves me for me. Someone who wants to be by my side, working just as hard, to achieve these goals and dreams WITH me. Someone who is willing to go to the end of the world and back for me. Someone who will ALWAYS be by side through thick and through thin. I am so blessed and so thankful to have someone as wonderful as Eric. I could not say this enough.
I am so ready for the end of the beginning. I am so ready for the beginning of the book called Jennifer and Eric's Life Together. This is our time, here on Earth. Let's take it and make the best of it. Let us live the life we want to live, not what others think/want us to live. Let's live this life for US.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I couldn't agree with you more girl! Exciting times are up ahead! woot woot!
ReplyDelete