Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking back on 2009

Well, I must say that 2009 has been a good year, but I know that 2010 will be even better because there are bigger and better things happening in 2010! I wanted to look back on 2009 and remember the good times that happened in 2009!

Well, we started off the year by getting a little hamster named Tinkerbell!

We then went on with our semester together and made it through so tough times together. In March for Spring Break we went to Atlanta for a few days with Eric's brother! That was a lot of fun!

We then finished out the semester and celebrated Eric's graduation! I am so proud of him for accomplishing this huge goal in is life! I am happy I was there for it!

We then headed to Memphis and we came home with our little angel, the sunshine in our lives, Miss Bambi Marsh! She really lights up our world and she has been the best pet I could ever ask for. She has helped me get through summer and fall semesters while Eric was in Chattanooga. I love her like she is my child. She is a daddy's girl and it is so cute. We are so thankful to have her in our lives and we cannot wait to get a playmate for her (a little Westie puppy) in 2010!

After all of the excitement, Eric made a decision that was best for us, and that was to move back to Chattanooga and work full time. We made this decision merely as a financial one and I am so thankful we did. We are now set to go to move and get married. It has been tough being over 2 hours away from each other, but it will definitely be worth it in the end! I miss him every day and I wish away the days until we get to be together every day! Thank you, Eric, for sacrificing yourself and working so hard to support us!

When my summer semester was over, we went to Savannah, GA to visit Eric's brother. We had a great time there and it was a great vacation before the start of the fall semester!

Fall semester began, and it was a tough one for sure! Between a long distance engagement, working, and classes, we had to both sacrifice many things! We made it through the toughest part of the long distance relationship and we are thankful for that! One weekend in October, we went to Columbia, SC to visit and apartment shop! We fell in love with the city and we are so excited to start our lives there!

We finished out the semester and Eric made a decision on his career path! He has decided to go to graduate school to get his Master's in secondary education with a focus in Social Studies so that he can teach high school history and coach football. This was a huge weight taken off his shoulder because he finally found the career path that made him happy and the he truly wanted to do for the rest of his life! We are excited for everything that will come with his career!

Throughout 2009, we were planning our wedding for June of this year! We have been thankful that we have had ample time to plan out the wedding because we have been able to get everything we have wanted for the wedding. It will truly be the wedding of our dreams and we are so excited about it! It will be the happiest day of our lives thus far!

We have also grown spiritually together over the past year. We have grown together through God by following his path. We do devotion together every night and I am so thankful we do. I love it very much and we will continue this even after we are married! I cannot wait to find our church home in Columbia. I hope it gives us the feeling that the church in Memphis we found does.

We also got to spend our first Christmas together (physically) which was a true joy. We enjoyed spending it with my family. Next Christmas we will spend our first Christmas being married by ourselves in Columbia. We cannot wait!

This next year brings a lot of exciting things. It will be stressful at times, but with the strength of God and each other, we will make it through it on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment