1. Educational Resolutions
I want to put everything I can into my classes this semester. It will be a busy semester, therefore, I will have to stay on top of the workload. I have been through some VERY hard semesters in the past, and I know I can get through this one too! Plus, it is my LAST semester of nursing school :) (until graduate school at least!)
I REALLY want to study for the NCLEX throughout the semester. I just need to set time aside EVERY week to study a chapter in my prep book. I will feel so much better in the long run if I start NOW (which I already have..). I am determined to take and pass the NCLEX before the wedding (see below)..so this is just something else I must add into the schedule to achieve this goal. ((Other nurses out there, how much did you study for the NCLEX before you took it??))
Well, here I am in my last semester of nursing school. I want to finish out the semester with a 4.0 so that I will only have 1 B in nursing school (Med Surg). I would be very happy with this since I need exceptional grades in my nursing courses to get into Nurse Anesthetist school.
GRADUATE Nursing School with honors :)
Upon graduation, I want to pass the NCLEX BEFORE the wedding on the first try preferably 85 questions or less. I plan on taking a Kaplan course in May following graduation.
2. Financial Resolutions
Eric and I have already put together a budget that we are going to stick to all the way up to the wedding. After the wedding and after the move, we will put together another budget with those incomes. With me not working while I am in nursing school, we have to be careful with our spending since Eric is paying all my bills along with his on just his income. We are already coming in under budget so far this month!
We also received the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University as a Christmas present from my mother. We plan on starting the classes after we get settled in Columbia after the wedding. Between the two of us (mostly me since I had to pay my own way through college), we have a good bit of student loans that need to be paid off. Not to mention, we both still have graduate school ahead of us. So we will work hard after we get married to get the debt paid off quick. I cannot wait for the day when I can say WE ARE DEBT FREE! hah!
So, goodbye shopping and eating out (often)! See you on the better side!
3. Health Resolutions
Eric and I both eat pretty well. We splurge every once in awhile, but we eat healthy for the most part. With the wedding around the corner and because I am getting older, I really want to push myself to go to the gym 3-4 times a week even during my hectic school week. So, I have already started writing out my schedule for the semester with the workout days/times written out as well. I CAN do this and I WILL do this, even during those BUSY weeks of nursing school because who couldn't use an hour or so of workout to relieve some stress? Instead of playing around on facebook for an hour, I can workout for an hour (or more!).
I also am only going to allow myself to really eat out about once a month or so. Eating out means A LOT of calories to be eaten. I don't really eat out a whole lot at school unless I go to Subway or something which isn't really that bad. So it will not be hard to not eat out very often. A once in awhile splurge to El Sazon or Narita will suffice.
I also plan on not buy junk food or diet cokes when I go to the grocery. If I don't have them, I won't eat/drink them. So healthie grocery trips, here I come! I am limited to Walmart and Food City...so that will just have to do for now! Can't wait to live in a city once again....
4. Spiritual Resolutions
I will admit, this past semester I slacked off on going to church every week because I was having some problems sleeping and I was just too tired and I was in Chattanooga every other weekend visiting Eric and didn't make myself go there either. So, I am going to start this year off right and make myself go to church. Eric and I are going this Sunday to the church we will be getting married in so that will be nice. I will then start back to my church in Jefferson City once I get back to school. Then, when I am in Chattanooga, I will try my best to go somewhere here in Chattanooga.
Eric and I started last year reading a one year Bible. Once we began the long distance relationship, it was hard to put 30 minutes aside to that, so we then put that on a pause and we are doing a couples' devotion book. We will continue doing this through the year.
So, now these are in writing, which means I must stick to them. I cannot wait to evaluate them at the end of the year!
I want to put everything I can into my classes this semester. It will be a busy semester, therefore, I will have to stay on top of the workload. I have been through some VERY hard semesters in the past, and I know I can get through this one too! Plus, it is my LAST semester of nursing school :) (until graduate school at least!)
I REALLY want to study for the NCLEX throughout the semester. I just need to set time aside EVERY week to study a chapter in my prep book. I will feel so much better in the long run if I start NOW (which I already have..). I am determined to take and pass the NCLEX before the wedding (see below)..so this is just something else I must add into the schedule to achieve this goal. ((Other nurses out there, how much did you study for the NCLEX before you took it??))
Well, here I am in my last semester of nursing school. I want to finish out the semester with a 4.0 so that I will only have 1 B in nursing school (Med Surg). I would be very happy with this since I need exceptional grades in my nursing courses to get into Nurse Anesthetist school.
GRADUATE Nursing School with honors :)
Upon graduation, I want to pass the NCLEX BEFORE the wedding on the first try preferably 85 questions or less. I plan on taking a Kaplan course in May following graduation.
2. Financial Resolutions
Eric and I have already put together a budget that we are going to stick to all the way up to the wedding. After the wedding and after the move, we will put together another budget with those incomes. With me not working while I am in nursing school, we have to be careful with our spending since Eric is paying all my bills along with his on just his income. We are already coming in under budget so far this month!
We also received the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University as a Christmas present from my mother. We plan on starting the classes after we get settled in Columbia after the wedding. Between the two of us (mostly me since I had to pay my own way through college), we have a good bit of student loans that need to be paid off. Not to mention, we both still have graduate school ahead of us. So we will work hard after we get married to get the debt paid off quick. I cannot wait for the day when I can say WE ARE DEBT FREE! hah!
So, goodbye shopping and eating out (often)! See you on the better side!
3. Health Resolutions
Eric and I both eat pretty well. We splurge every once in awhile, but we eat healthy for the most part. With the wedding around the corner and because I am getting older, I really want to push myself to go to the gym 3-4 times a week even during my hectic school week. So, I have already started writing out my schedule for the semester with the workout days/times written out as well. I CAN do this and I WILL do this, even during those BUSY weeks of nursing school because who couldn't use an hour or so of workout to relieve some stress? Instead of playing around on facebook for an hour, I can workout for an hour (or more!).
I also am only going to allow myself to really eat out about once a month or so. Eating out means A LOT of calories to be eaten. I don't really eat out a whole lot at school unless I go to Subway or something which isn't really that bad. So it will not be hard to not eat out very often. A once in awhile splurge to El Sazon or Narita will suffice.
I also plan on not buy junk food or diet cokes when I go to the grocery. If I don't have them, I won't eat/drink them. So healthie grocery trips, here I come! I am limited to Walmart and Food City...so that will just have to do for now! Can't wait to live in a city once again....
4. Spiritual Resolutions
I will admit, this past semester I slacked off on going to church every week because I was having some problems sleeping and I was just too tired and I was in Chattanooga every other weekend visiting Eric and didn't make myself go there either. So, I am going to start this year off right and make myself go to church. Eric and I are going this Sunday to the church we will be getting married in so that will be nice. I will then start back to my church in Jefferson City once I get back to school. Then, when I am in Chattanooga, I will try my best to go somewhere here in Chattanooga.
Eric and I started last year reading a one year Bible. Once we began the long distance relationship, it was hard to put 30 minutes aside to that, so we then put that on a pause and we are doing a couples' devotion book. We will continue doing this through the year.
We are also very excited about finding a church home in Columbia when we move. We will try several churches out the first month or two and then decide where we felt most comfortable. I want to get involved with our church home. I know a lot of churches have newly married or young couple classes that I would love to get involved in. I guess I will just wait and see what our new church home brings for us!
So, now these are in writing, which means I must stick to them. I cannot wait to evaluate them at the end of the year!





No comments:
Post a Comment