Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Settling into a new life

Well, sweet Yardley bear is 1 week old! Crazy to think that today was my due date and that she has been here a full week now! We are so thankful that we already have gotten to spend a week with her! She is such a gift from God! She brings us so much happiness and joy!



We have been settling into our new life with a newborn. Eric's mom was here from Tuesday-Saturday which was such a help and a blessing! She cleaned, cooked, did laundry, etc. It was nice to have her around for those first few days! I got pretty emotional they day she left (thank you postpartum hormones) because sometimes I wish we weren't so far from family. Times like this it is harder than other times! But, with that said, South Carolina is OUR home and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else but here! I was also a little scared that we would be by ourselves with a newborn. I didn't know how we were going to get through it! hah! But we have been perfectly fine!



Saturday morning we went to our hospital follow-up appointment and little girl had already gained 2oz since she had left the hospital 2 days before! GO GIRL GO! Everything looked great and our next appointment is at 2 weeks on December 5th. Oh, and we got the OK to use a paci even though she is breastfeeding! YAY! It has been a lifesaver! She is definitely a paci kinda girl! So, she took her first paci on Saturday November 24th.



Baby girl is sleeping pretty good...it just depends whether or not she will sleep in her swing..she likes to be held to sleep sometimes. We are trying to get her to sleep in her swing more which she is getting better at. But she is sleeping well, even if it is us holding her and for that I am thankful. She gets the hiccups after feedings often, which wakes her up and that is mostly when we have to hold her to get her back to sleep. She is pretty much on a schedule of feeding every 2.5-3 hours. She wakes up on her own when she gets hungry right around that time.



We did tummy time for the first time today (November 27th) and she did great! She lasted about 10 minutes before she started to get fussy. Oh and just to have the date down..she had her first sponge bath on Friday November 23.



Today Kathryn came over to bring us some beef stew and to see Yardley. It was nice to have some company! While she was here, Eric ran to the store to get extra ice (we are going through the ice from ice machine being home all the time) and he came home with flowers for me and with Yardley's first flower! SO sweet.



On that note, I just have to give a little shout out to the hubby. Thank you SO much for all you have done to help out around here this past week. I am so thankful for you and all that you do for us. You are such a blessing and such a great daddy! I love you to the moon and back!!!



Eric's brother comes tomorrow for a short visit. He will only be here until Thursday. He is coming to meet his first niece! We are excited for his visit! 



No comments:

Post a Comment