GIRL!!!
Yardley Nicole Marsh
So, let's start from the beginning here...At our last appointment at 16 weeks the ultrasound tech got a tiny peek and thought she saw boy parts. Even after this, I still thought it was a girl! Eric thought I was crazy!
Well, we go to our appointment which was at 2:00pm on July 12th for our 20 week anatomy scan/gender reveal. We spent about 40 minutes sitting/laying there while the ultrasound tech and myself tried to get the baby to open her legs! She had her legs crossed and smushed together! This baby did NOT want to show her privates! hah! We then decided to measure the cervix then try again. Still no luck. Well, the ultrasound tech told us to go do the MD part of the appointment and come back before we left. The nurse gave me a cold Sprite to try and get baby moving a little. We went back after seeing the MD and baby girl FINALLY decided to open her legs enough to see THE 3 lines! We were so excited!
Even more relieving is that everything checked out and baby girl is perfectly healthy and growing perfectly! Her head was measuring 4 days ahead (big brains, duh) and all the measurements together measured her 1 day ahead at 20 weeks 3 days. The guesstimate weight was 12oz which is in the 50% percentile! PERFECT! My cervix is measuring 4.9cm and the average for 20 weeks is 4.0cm which is great. I have a heart shaped uterus so this is important to me! Also, she is head down! Hopefully she stays that way!
Eric and I grabbed a cupcake and then decided to do a little shopping for our baby girl! She isn't spoiled at all ;-)
As you can see, I bought headbands but no bows yet...I am going to attempt to make my own bows! Hopefully it won't be a total disaster. I am pretty creative and they don't look too hard! We shall see! Sorry if this post was long and boring, I just want to document all the details!





No comments:
Post a Comment