January
Well, we headed home to Chattanooga, TN to visit Eric's family for his birthday. We had a blast spending time with our friends and family. We even headed home with a wonderful birthday present-a 6qt Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer!! We were pumped about that present!
We were thankful we were able to take a trip back to Tennessee for his birthday. It was our first visit since the wedding and we had a blast. Of course, we also celebrated Eric's 26th birthday both here in Columbia and in Chattanooga. I can't even remember where we ate here in Columbia for his birthday, nonetheless, we had a blast.
February
We started off February by booking our anniversary trip! We are headed to the beautiful Caribbean island of Antigua for our anniversary in June! We are staying 7 nights at the Sandals resort and we couldn't be more excited! We leave June 10 to head to Atlanta to drop off our little kitty angel, Bambi with Eric's mom. We fly out from Atlanta at 7am June 11 to Miami and then from Miami to Antigua. We stay there for 7 nights and then fly back to Miami on June 18th. We get back to Atlanta late late late June 18th and then head back to Columbia June 19th. What a wonderful 10 day vacation we will have! We are so excited about our anniversary trip. We are so blessed that God has provided us with the means to take a nice anniversary trip. We knew we had to take advantage since we have no children at this time to take into account. We are counting down the days (47 days to be exact!)!
March
I can't think of anything significant that happened in March. Well, at least nothing that comes to mind right now. I think we did have a dinner date with some of our friends from church in March. We have been blessed to meet some great couples and families at our church. We have had several dinner dates over the past few months with numerous people from church. We are so thankful for all of them. We look forward to growing stronger bonds with them over the next several years. Oh I almost forgot, both our laptop and our desktop crashed in the same day...so we purchased a MacBook Pro!!April
April has been a whirlwind of a month. SOOO much has gone on in April! We started off the first day of April going to Knoxville to surprise my best friend, and sister, Mandy for her birthday! We had SO much fun in Knoxville! I am so thankful we were able to go on a last minute trip to Knoxville to see her. It was wonderful. We also got to see Michelle and JR's little baby girl who was just 4 days old when we were there! Once we got home from Knoxville, April got a little crazy. Within 24 hours we did a complete 180 in terms of feelings and emotions. If I have learned anything during April, it is that God is in control. Sometimes you just have to learn to let go and let Him take control. And that is what we have done. We have grown closer to each other and to God during this past month. Some reasons for this I will share, while some reasons I won't (not at this time at least). Let's just say, I have experienced some great joy and happiness in April, as well as some very sad and trying times. To summarize...I have a slipped disk in my jaw (it normally sits between the ball and socket in your jaw) and I cannot open my mouth all the way open nor can I eat any foods that require me to open my mouth wide. I was put on some extra strength ibuprofen and some flexeril 3 times a day...well wouldn't you know, I developed an ulcer in my stomach from the ibuprofen. Lovely. So now I have to go see a maxillofacial surgeon to see what is in store next in regard to my jaw. Not looking forward to that doctor appointment...
Also, within the past week and a half...both Eric and I have received news of new job positions! Eric will still be working at the same place but it is a change in shifts and he will be working 5 on and 5 off which will be nice. He has been wanting this position for awhile now and we are thankful that an opportunity came for him to get it! I, on the other hand, will be leaving my current unit and heading downstairs to the CCU (coronary care unit). I am SO excited to be going to a critical care unit. This has been my goal since nursing school. I am so thankful I have this opportunity and for it to be this soon in my career. I start there the week of May 15! That is just 3 weeks away! I am SOOO excited, yet nervous at the same time! The CCU is known to be the best unit in the hospital and I am so excited to be part of the CCU team in May. I know I will love it there. I am SO sad to be leaving my Marion Suite ladies (and men) but I have to do what is best for me to achieve my career goals. After all, I will just be downstairs from all my lovely Marion people :-) I will miss them very much!
And here are some pictures from our trip to Knoxville!
Well I guess that about summarizes the last 5 months. I know I am probably missing quite a bit in there, but that is my fault for not blogging in 5 months. This is my promise to yall (including my hubby) that I will get better about blogging. I need to get my hubby to hold me accountable! Hah!









No comments:
Post a Comment