And here we go...
1. Educational (Career) Resolutions
I want to be working in either the CCU or the CVICU by the end of the year so that I continue on my path to go to CRNA school. I want to get involved more within the hospital through committees and shared governance leadership. I am also going to start being a peer coach, preceptor, and a charge nurse (all of which I am currently getting trained for in the next several months).
I want to start studying for the GRE and hopefully even take the GRE by the end of the year. I want to score at least 1100 on it.
2. Financial Resolutions
We have really done well this year with our previous financial resolutions. I want to continue on this path that we have created. We have our set budget each month and we have stuck to it strictly about 95% of the time. I want to do the same again in 2011. This has helped us so much this year and I know it will only get better. Since the beginning of December, we have already paid off 2 student loans. I want to continue with our Dave Ramsey debt snowball and continue knocking out loans. I would love to end 2011 with less debt :-) It may be a little bit harder with some of our plans we have for 2011, but regardless, we will do what we can!
3. Health Resolutions
This is something that can always be improved upon. We joined a gym in South Carolina within the first month of being here and we love our gym. I want to work on going to work out nearly every day I am off work. I know I won't work out on the days I work, so I need to take advantage of my days off, weekend or not.
We eat pretty well, but once again, there is always room for improvement. More fruits and veggies. Enough said ;-)
4. Spiritual Resolutions
We are lucky in the fact that we have found a wonderful church home here in South Carolina. We already finished one session of couples small group and we really enjoyed it. I want to continue to be involved in small groups throughout 2011. I also want to look into getting more involved in some church activities and events. It is a little hard at times with our work schedules that change weekly and require weekend work, but I know it can be done.
I also want to read more scripture and grow closer to God and continue to put my trust in Him. I want to devote some time each day to read more about Jesus and God himself.
So, now these are in writing, which means I must stick to them. I cannot wait to evaluate them at the end of the year! We did VERY well in regard to the resolutions last year and I hope this year is the same!
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment