Also, in the news, we did find a church home (if I hadn't mentioned it before..) and this past Sunday we started a married couples Small Group at the church. We look forward to having that social interaction with other Christian couples while also learning about each other and marriage from others who have lived through it. We are excited for things to come with our small group.
Andddd, this past weekend my brother-in-law came into town to visit for the South Carolina vs. Georgia football game. It was such a good weekend and a great visit with Phil. On Friday when Phil got into town, Phil and Eric went to go hit some golf balls at the driving range while I made a quick run to Target. We then all got ready and headed to Pawley's Front Porch to eat dinner and have some drinks. We LOVE Pawley's! If anyone makes a trip here, it is a must! We then headed to a high school football game! Eric and I had gone to one the week before and had a lot of fun so we decided to do it again! We then headed home and I quickly went to bed since it had been my fourth day in a row to work. The boys stayed up and did who knows what, hah!
Saturday was an early wake up call since the football game was at 12 noon. We all got ready, packed up the car, and headed down to the stadium. The game was a lot of fun, even if it was HOT at some points and then raining COLD rain at other points! HAH! South Carolina won, so Eric and I were happy, while Phil...well, not so much! We had fun though and I am so glad the 3 of us were able to go!
hot, sweaty, and pale :-)
U-S-C...GOOOO COCCKKSSS!
9/11 Tribute...Very touching
Divided Family :)
After the game we headed back home and watched football the rest of the day and night. I made some buffalo chicken dip and we at that, chips, and salsa. Then, for dinner, I made some steak fajitas! All of it was a hit and we had a good time relaxing and watching football. Oh, and I made some chocolate chip cookies too :)
Sunday morning, Eric and I got up and went to church and small group. We then picked Phil up and went to eat lunch. I ate Moe's and the boys had Five Guys Burger and Fries. After filling our tummies we headed back home so the boys could watch more football (do you see a theme? haha) I then headed to Target and the grocery store to do our weekly shopping while I left the boys to watch football. Later that night I made some sliders that were AMAZING. Eric said they were quite possibly the best thing we have made thus far. So I HIGHLY recommend these sliders. I followed the recipe to the T and I wouldn't change it any other way! This is a recipe we will keep around, especially one day when we are feeding little ones! They are even good reheated (according to Eric)!
Anyway, we watched football the rest of the night and then headed to bed. Phil left this morning and we were sad to see him go! We look forward to him visiting again soon! Now we are just settling back into the work week schedule and getting all the little things done for Eric to be ready to start work on Friday!
**I made a honeymoon post (part 1) that is below this one, so make sure to check it out!!**





No comments:
Post a Comment