Saturday, October 2, 2010

Catching up!

I figured it was time for a little catch up, even though we really don't have a whole lot to catch up on! hah! Eric and I have both been working away which we definitely aren't complaining about! Eric is putting in 40 hours every week and I am putting in 50+ right now! It is tiring at times but the paychecks make it worth it! I will be off orientation at the end of October and I will then go down to my 3 days a week of 12 hour shifts. We are SO thankful to have jobs that we love. We couldn't ask for more on that front.

Other than that, we have just been enjoying life here in South Carolina. We have our weekly date nights and have found lots of yummy places to eat at! We sure do have some good eatery around here! Since I got a nice surprise and got off at 3:30 yesterday, last night we went to Rush's to eat which is a local fast food kind of place. They have some A-MAZING burgers! We then went to Frankie's Fun Park which has an arcade, putt-putt, laser tag, go-carts and all that sort of stuff. We had a blast! I am like a little kid though...you give me my money and I spend it within minutes in the arcade...I need to be monitored! hah! We then came home and watched Date Night. It was a great movie! Definitely recommend it!

We attempted to sleep in this morning only to wake up at 8:30. After waking up at 5:00 every morning, it is hard to sleep in on your days off! I ran some errands this morning to Ulta for some makeup, Victoria Secrets, and the grocery store, but other than that, it has been a football watching Saturday for us! (can I please say how heartbroken I am for my Vols...) It has been a relaxing day! Tomorrow we have our couples' small group and it is our turn to bring breakfast! I am making Paula Deen's recipe of hashbrown casserole. It should be a big hit! Can't go wrong with Paula Deen!

Eric and I both work every day this week while preparing for Eric's parents to arrive on Saturday! We are SO excited about them coming!!! We are hitting the road to Charleston for an all day adventure on Sunday! We can't wait! Pictures to come for sure!! Luckily, the fall weather has come just in time for their visit!

Oh, and can I just say how EXCITED I am that we will have health insurance as of this coming Thursday??? I can't even begin to explain my excitement! I haven't had real health insurance in a L-O-N-G time! And Eric hasn't had it since January, so we are ready! I already have doctor appointments scheduled for us!!

Anyway, I guess that is about it for now!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of the 3-12 hour shifts, Makes me want to become a nurse!

    ReplyDelete