Saturday, August 14, 2010

Back to the bloggin world

Well, as you can tell, I have been pretty MIA lately. Since I started working I have been both busy and exhausted! I just couldn't gather myself to write a blog post after working nor on my days off. But now that I have been working for over a month, I am finally getting used to the 45+ hour work week and the 12 hour shifts. This blog post is the new beginning to the blog world once again! Plus, when the husband told me he enjoyed reading the blog and kept mentioning for me to write a blog post, I decided it was best to jump right on it this weekend!

This past week marked the 2 month mark of our wedding day! Time has really flown by! We continue to love it here and South Carolina and everything is finally falling into place. We have found a church home at The Harvest.  It is contemporary and that is really what we enjoy when it comes to church. Everyone there is so nice and welcoming. We hope to get involved in the church more over the years to come. They have a small group for married couples which we hope to also get involved with. We love the area of Columbia that the church is in. We have mentioned moving to the area in 2 years when our lease is up. We will just wait and see since that is almost 2 years away!

I am still L-O-V-I-N-G my job! I am SO thankful to have such a wonderful first nursing job! It is definitely a great start in relation to my career goals. I look forward to everything that is to come with my career at this hospital and in Columbia in general.

Eric FINALLY scored an interview at the hospital for this Monday at 3pm. PLEASE keep him in your prayers as this is the job he really wants and he is VERY ready to not be a "house husband" anymore (even though I have thoroughly enjoyed it!).

We truly feel blessed to be where we are right now. God has provided in so many ways and we are more than thankful. We look forward to everything that is to come as we continue to settle into our new life and home in South Carolina. We will definitely be staying here for a long time. I couldn't imagine leaving Columbia or Palmetto Health anytime in the near future. We hope that God intends for us to be here for awhile as well :-) We have only grown closer to God with  this move and the joys and struggles we have faced since moving. We are so thankful that it finally feels like this is TRULY home for us.

We are excited for the guests we have coming in the next few months! Eric's brother is coming in September and then his mom and his stepdad are coming in October! We cannot wait for our firsts guests in South Carolina! Mandy is also planning to come sometime in the next few months depending on our work schedules! I love to bring pieces of "home" to OUR home!

Anyway, I guess that is all for now...I have several posts to post in the next week or two...Including our wedding post that I am still working on, the honeymoon posts, my birthday post, among several others! For now, it is off to relax and shower and get ready for our weekly date night! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment