Monday, February 1, 2010

Job 7:18

"You examine us every morning and test us every moment"

I came across this Bible verse yesterday and pondered on this verse all day. I think at times we often forget that we live our life for God. I want to be a good person. I want to be a positive role model. I want people to look up to me. I don't want to be a negative person. I want to be a positive, Christian woman. I want our children to grow up in a strong Christian home. I want our family to be an example for others who are also trying to live for God.

Sometimes people come into our lives as a test of our faith, our values, our morals, and our beliefs. How we act in situations depends on whether we are proactive or reactive. I want to be proactive every day. I want to make choices based on values, not on feelings or emotions.

Sometimes in life, we may question why things are the way they are, why people do some things they do, why people say things they do. But the question really is, how do WE act in response to the situation.

I am so thankful that Eric and I have grown together in Christ together. We have become closer to God together. Our faith as strengthened tremendously since we started dating. I cannot wait to find a church home in Columbia. Somewhere we feel comfortable. Somewhere we learn life lessons every time we step foot in the door. Somewhere where we are surrounded by other people living their lives through Christ.

Thank you, Lord, for opening my eyes and allowing me to learn life lessons every day. Thank you for reminding me everyday that I live my life for you.

1 comment:

  1. good for you. i agree with everything that you wrote.

    leah

    ReplyDelete