Saturday, March 6, 2010

Phew...A Chance to Breathe!

Well here we go...after another blog dry spell I am here to update once again! Nursing school sort of sucks the free time out of you! I mean there is some free time but I usually spend it talking to Eric, spending time with Eric, or planning our wedding!

Speaking of wedding...we are officially under 100 days! DOUBLE DIGITS! yah! To some people, this might not be a big deal, but I have been waiting for this for over 500 days. When we first got engaged, our count was at 617ish. I though the day where I would see 99 would never happen! But it is finally here! In 3 short months and some odd days we will be tying the knot! I cannot wait!!!

I went last week for my first dress fitting and alterations! I cannot wait to go back at the end of the month to see how it looks! I will have a total of 4 fittings since my dress pretty much fell off of me before the alterations! It was sad to part from my dress though...and I won't have possession of it again until the middle of May and then I will have to give it up again to get steamed and pressed....sad times!

All the wedding planning has been coming along nicely! We really just have a few things here and there left to do. We have received the invitations and our thank you cards (thank you Natalie!! we LOVEEEEEE them!!!) along with many other fun things! We still need to do programs, meet with our officiant, meet with our music lady, book the linens (March 10), have all of our last meetings, work on the reception play list, and finish ordering a few randoms...and of course....figure out all the day of details!

We are super excited because next Saturday, March 13th, we have our first shower and our bachelor/bachelorette party in Memphis/Tunica! Shannon has done a wonderful job planning all of it out and I am so thankful to have such a wonderful maid of honor who has sacrificed so much for all of this to happen! Fun times will be had and I cannot wait!! Not to mention, I will see some old friends of mine that I have not seen in a good while! I will be sure to post pictures after we return.

All of Eric's grad school stuff is turned in and now we just wait to hear back about an interview time and then we wait to hear about his acceptance. We know that God will take care of us no matter what. We are just following His path and hoping and praying for the best!

I could go on and on and on with more updates but I really just feel like relaxing the rest of the night since I have been writing papers ALLLLLL day! So, goodnight bloggers! Will try to update soon since I don't have another test until the 23rd! Then it will be BUSY BUSY until graduation! ahhh not much longer!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you updated!! I enjoy reading. Looks like we are about on target with each other with the wedding planning. We have pretty much the same things left to do, except for the wedding linens :-) A bunch of last minute odds and ends stuff. Awesome to see it come together though, right? I'm so excited for you!! And I can't wait to read about and see pictures of your gorgeous wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and I know about the double digits thing!!! I've been engaged since May 27, 2008. I was in the 700's (?) when it all started. Thought I would never get married...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting exciting!! You are going to look drop dead georgeous in your dress girl! Eric is going to flip! I can't wait to see everything and to cry along with ya'll (cause I know I will) I love hearing how everything is coming together for you all as well. If you need anything, please let me know. We need to go walking again soon and chat!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete