Wednesday, June 17, 2009

half way there..

Well, I am just about half way finished with summer school! I cannot believe it is going by so fast! As busy as it is, it is so nice to get these classes over with now! I always have homework I need to be doing or a test to be studying, but it makes Eric not being here a little easier since I am so busy. I made a 98 on my first OB test and a 96 on my first Peds test so I am excited about that! I just took my second OB test yesterday and have a nice load of papers, care plans, and tests ahead of me! I am counting down to July 24th!

Well, almost a month ago I said we had a little surprise...well now that Eric has told his mom I can share with you....we have a little kitten!!! A stray cat around my mom's apartment had 2 kittens that my mom was taking care of. Well, when we visited Memphis before summer classes started we fell in love with this kitten and decided to bring her home right when she was turning 6 weeks. We named her Bambi because, well, her coloring is a mix of a cheetah, a deer, and a cat haha. Not to mention, her mom had no tail but her dad did so she has a bush tail! Here is a picture of her as a little kitten. She was so little!!

Now our little baby girl is 10 and 1/2 weeks old! Well, just about after a week of being here, she developed a bad case of chronic diarrhea. It was REALLY bad. We tried 3 different rounds of antibiotics and parasite medicines along with antihelmenic medicines...nothing seemed to be working. This past Friday I was really worried about her because she had hit rock bottom with the diarrhea and I was unsure if she was going to make it through the night. I should have known that our little baby would be a trooper! Eric came to the rescue by a surprise visit late Sunday afternoon. I was a mess between him leaving, my busy school schedule, and the poor health of our little baby. Not to mention, this apartment was a MESS because of all this. Eric called the vet Monday and they prescribed her a prescription diet food and so far it has done WONDERS! That night she had her first solid poop in 4 weeks. As of 4:00pm yesterday we have had 0 incidences of diarrhea-only solid poops! I cannot even explain how excited we are about this. She loves this prescription diet, especially the rabbit flavored food--(who would have thought?) But anyway, our little angel is doing great and everything is going up hill right now! Our prayers have been answered and we hope this continues!! Here is a recent picture of our angel!

In the mix of all this, it meant SO much to me that Eric made a surprise visit. He knew I needed it REALLY bad. He left yesterday morning and he will be back Friday night since we have a wedding in Johnson City Saturday! YAY for another wedding!

Whew well I think that is enough for now..this has been our life for the past 4 weeks...haha But we love our little girl and we were/are willing to do
anything and everything to help our angel get better!

Oh and P.S. it is now LESS THAN a year away till the wedding! I need to get on top of the rest of the booking---that will come when classes are OVER!

I will leave you with some more pictures of little Bambi..

Bambi LOVES chewing and playing with my hair!

Daddy's two favorite girls!

She loves sitting in the desk and biting our feet!

Laying in daddy's arms..

Playing with daddy when she FINALLY feels better!

No comments:

Post a Comment